Community Event Volunteer
Join us in making a meaningful impact on the lives of those navigating grief by becoming a Community Event Volunteer with Bereaved Families of Ontario – Southwest Region. Your role will involve actively participating in various annual community events organized by BFO-SW, such as the Walk to Remember, Memory Links Golf Tournament, Butterfly Release, Tree of Remembrance, and more.
Duties may include:
- Event Logistics: Assist in the planning, set-up, and coordination of events.
- Participant Engagement: Engage with event participants in a compassionate and empathetic manner, providing a supportive presence and fostering an environment of understanding.
- Registration and Information: Help with on-site registration, provide information about the organization’s services, and offer guidance to participants as needed.
- Collaboration with Team Members: Work collaboratively with fellow volunteers and staff to create a cohesive and supportive team environment.
- Resource Distribution: Distribute relevant resources, materials, refreshments, etc.
- Promotion and Outreach: Assist in promoting events within the community and contribute to outreach efforts to raise awareness about the organization’s services.
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- A Vulnerable Sector Police Check will be required prior to becoming a volunteer (no older than 1 year; otherwise, the cost of the VSC will be reimbursed by BFO-SW);
- Demonstrates empathy, compassion, reliability, and adaptability; has excellent communication skills and works well in a team environment.
- Respect for Confidentiality: Understands and maintains the confidentiality of participants’ personal stories and information.
How to Apply:
Please email our Program Coordinator, Elizabeth at [email protected] to receive a Volunteer Application Form. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
At BFO-SW, we welcome diverse talents. If you require accommodations for accessibility, please let us know. We’re dedicated to ensuring a welcoming and inclusive experience for all prospective volunteers.